If you have problems with your Traxxas Link keep reading to learn why it won’t update, and what you can do to make this happen. Also, learn how to get the link dashboard to work, and compatibility with Android devices….
Why Won’t My Traxxas Link Update?
Here are some reasons why the Traxxas Link might not be updating, and also provide practical solutions to address these challenges.
1. Incompatible Device:
One of the common reasons for the Traxxas Link not updating is an incompatible device. If you’re trying to use the app on a device that doesn’t meet the minimum specifications or isn’t supported, the application might not update.
Traxxas Link is available on iOS and Android devices, and Traxxas provides a list of compatible devices on their website. If your device is not on the list, this could be the reason for the problem.
Use a device that meets the app’s specifications and is included in the list of supported devices.
2. Insufficient Storage Space:
If your device doesn’t have enough storage space, this could prevent the Traxxas Link app from updating. The application needs a certain amount of space to download and install updates.
Clear out some space on your device by deleting unnecessary files or apps, or consider expanding your device’s storage if possible.
3. Weak or Unstable Internet Connection:
Traxxas Link updates require a stable internet connection. If your connection is weak or unstable, it might prevent the application from updating.
Try to update the app in an area with a stronger internet connection. If you’re using a WiFi connection, make sure you’re close to the router and that the signal is strong.
4. App Glitches:
There might be glitches within the application that prevent it from updating. This is especially true if the app hasn’t been updated for a long time or if it was improperly installed.
Uninstall and reinstall the Traxxas Link app. Be sure to back up your data first as this process will erase all your saved settings.
5. Server Issues:
Sometimes, the issue might not be on your end. Traxxas might be experiencing server issues, which could prevent the application from updating.
Check Traxxas’s website or social media pages for any updates about server issues. If there are server problems, you’ll simply have to wait until Traxxas resolves them.
6. Outdated Operating System:
An outdated OS can also be the reason behind the update failure. If your device’s operating system is not up-to-date, it might prevent the Traxxas Link from updating.
Keep your device’s operating system updated to the latest version.
Does Traxxas Link Work on Android?
Yes, Traxxas Link does work on Android, and it provides a robust set of features for RC enthusiasts to enhance their driving experience.
However, to ensure the best user experience, it’s recommended to use a device that runs a relatively recent version of Android and meets the hardware requirements specified by Traxxas.
Traxxas Link on Android
Traxxas has designed its Link app to be compatible with devices running Android 4.4 and above. The app can be easily found and downloaded from the Google Play Store.
Once installed, the app allows users to connect their Traxxas vehicle to their Android device via the Traxxas Link Wireless Module. This gives users the ability to fine-tune their vehicle’s settings, monitor telemetry data, and even remotely control their vehicle.
Features and Functionality
The Traxxas Link App boasts a variety of features on Android devices that enhance the overall RC experience. These features include:
- Dashboard: The Traxxas Link App displays real-time data such as speed, temperature, and voltage on a customizable dashboard. Users can view this telemetry data to assess their vehicle’s performance and make necessary adjustments.
- Drive Effects: With Traxxas Link, users can tweak their vehicle’s steering and throttle sensitivity, percentage of braking power, and much more. This lets users tailor the driving characteristics of their vehicle to their personal preferences or the demands of a specific track.
- Traxxas Stability Management (TSM): The TSM feature allows users to adjust the level of stability control their vehicle has. This is particularly useful for maintaining control on slippery or uneven surfaces.
- Training Mode: This feature limits the power output of the vehicle by 50%, making it an excellent tool for beginners to get familiar with controlling their RC vehicle.
- Updates: The Traxxas Link App provides users with convenient updates for their TQi radio system, ensuring they have the latest features and improvements.
Performance and User Experience on Android
While the Traxxas Link App is fully functional on Android devices, its performance and user experience can vary depending on the device’s model and Android version.
Older Android devices or those running outdated Android versions might experience performance issues due to hardware limitations or compatibility issues.
Moreover, while Traxxas aims to offer a seamless experience across all platforms, minor discrepancies may exist between the Android and iOS versions of the app, mainly due to the different ways in which these two platforms handle certain tasks and processes.
How to Get Your Traxxas Link Dashboard to Work
Here is how to do this:
Step 1: Check Your Device Compatibility
First and foremost, ensure that your smart device is compatible with the Traxxas Link app. It is designed to function on Android devices 4.4 and up, as well as iOS devices, including iPhone 4S, iPod touch 5th generation and later, iPad 3rd generation and later, and iPad Mini.
If your device is not compatible, the app may not function correctly or at all.
Step 2: Ensure Your Traxxas Link Wireless Module is Correctly Installed
Your Traxxas vehicle must be equipped with a Traxxas Link Wireless Module to communicate with the app. The wireless module should be correctly installed into the accessory slot on your Traxxas TQi transmitter. If it is not properly installed, the dashboard may not receive any data from the vehicle.
Step 3: Update Your Traxxas Link App
Check if there’s an update available for the Traxxas Link app. If you’re using an outdated version of the app, you may encounter bugs or compatibility issues that can affect the dashboard’s functionality.
Step 4: Connect Your Device to the Vehicle
To connect your smart device to your Traxxas vehicle, follow these steps:
- Open the Traxxas Link App on your device.
- Switch on your Traxxas vehicle and TQi transmitter.
- On the app, tap on “Garage,” then select “Traxxas Link Wireless Module.”
- The app will begin searching for your transmitter. Once detected, it will automatically connect to it.
- Make sure your vehicle and device are within range to establish a proper connection.
Step 5: Calibrate the Telemetry Sensors
Ensure that the telemetry sensors of your Traxxas vehicle are calibrated correctly. The steps to do this will depend on your particular model.
Refer to your vehicle’s manual for specific instructions on calibration. Incorrectly calibrated sensors can lead to inaccurate or nonexistent data on your dashboard.
Step 6: Check the Battery and Power
Check the power supply for both your Traxxas vehicle and your smart device. If either is low on battery, this could affect the dashboard’s performance.
Step 7: Troubleshoot Connection Issues
If the dashboard is still not working after following the steps above, you may be experiencing connection issues. Try the following:
- Disconnect and reconnect your device from the transmitter.
- Reset the Traxxas Link App.
- Reboot your smart device.
- Reset the wireless module.
- Try connecting with a different compatible smart device.
If after all these steps, the problem persists, you may need to contact Traxxas Support for further assistance.